Conventional Charging Units: Dubbed as the ‘Dumb’ Charger
Lately, conventional chargers also known as Dumb chargers have been copping a lot of slack! With its more modern and appealing counterpart – the Smart charger taking the EV world by storm, it is often wondered if the conventional (Dumb) charger is as limited as it is being portrayed.
- Simple to use and known as the ‘plug-and-play variation of charging units (adaptable to Level 1 and Level 2 charging sockets).
- Capable of charging an EV as fast as a Smart charging unit.
- Un-tethered versions can accommodate Type-1 and Type-2 EVs.
- Do not compliment the energy needs of your EV in that, as long as they are plugged in they will continuously charge until the EV battery is full. This serves as problematic because in adhering to best practice, and for optimal use of the EV battery, a battery should remain between 20 – 80% charged at any given time, whereas smart charging units can be set to charge to a certain percentage, Dumb chargers cannot.
- Are unable to view real-time charging data and be programmed to charge for a certain period for example during off-peak hours, in turn being more costly than it has to be.
- Do not connect to an app
All in all, and of course depending on what the client requires from the charging unit itself, it can simply be put that conventional charging units are more than capable of charging an EV however it remains at the client’s discretion whether it is the most suitable charging solution for their needs.
EV Powerhouse Australia: Here for You
At our service, customer success and satisfaction are more important to us than most other things, and that’s one of the reasons you would not find another electric vehicle charger retail company that’s more interested in your growth than our company.
Are you interested in an electric vehicle retail service that’ll help you throughout your electric vehicle charging journey? If your answer is yes, then welcome home because you do not need to look any further than Australia’s premium electric vehicle charging solutions retailer.
There’s a lot to unpack when it comes to the topic of electric vehicle chargers and charging speed, and there’s only so much we can cover in one article. Still, we’re always available to answer your questions and guide your electric vehicle charger shopping choices.
Are you ready to work with the electric vehicle charger retailer for you? All you need to do is reach out to the fantastic team at EV Powerhouse, and all your EV charger worries will be a thing of the past.